Alex's Forum Forum Index Alex's Forum
Back to Alex Nisnevich Home

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   StatisticsStatistics  ShopShop 
 RulesRules   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Future of Euro Chess ....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex
The one and only!

The one and only!

bo.gif

24803 Points

Items

The Beatles Aerosmith Queen Led Zeppelin The Rolling Stones

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: The Future of Euro Chess .... Reply with quote

Start of summer, so maybe I should start a topic about this. I'll update it as I'll keep you posted.

Facts:

- A patent could cost upward of $10,000, although this cost may be reduced if Fienberg's uncle helps us. We still don't know about the necessity of a patent.
- We have until February 2008 to file a provisional patent (about $300 I believe), which would extend the patenting deadline by a year, giving us until February 2009 to file a full patent.
- We still don't know if a Euro Chess patent would be approved or not, due to its similarity to Chaturanji, which admittedly is a public-domain game.
- Peter Olotka, designer of Cosmic Encounter (off of which Euro Chess is partly based), could offer some help, so I'm trying to get in touch with him.
- I know nothing about what the commercial possibilities of Euro Chess. Would it sell? I have no idea.
- We still have not come up with a good name - I don't like Euro Chess much. A name design competition is a possibility.
- I am not sure about the possible legal issues that could arise from the Design Competition.
- An online game is a possibility. Do not ask me about it - if I do decide to make one it will be a surprise, but I guarantee nothing.

Last edited by Alex on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alex is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Blog AIM Address MSN Messenger GTalk ID
Jagger179

rs.gif

621 Points

Items

Sean Paul Will Smith Blink-182 U2 Coldplay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much to comment on this. How shall I start?
-Patent (if we can't get a discount) is not work $10,000 (in my opinion).
-Marketing will be tricky but if we get it down there is definately some serious profit to be made.
-Online game would own!
-We can't call it Euro chess, seeing as a good portion of the countries/powers are not in or related to Europe. Possibly get suggestions and poll vote them? World Chess? World War chess? Global chess? Be creative.. but not too creative. Wink
Iguard52

9404 Points

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the best way to go is to create an online game
Iguard52 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Meh

2029 Points

Items

The Who Mafia Gold Medal - Game 3 Mafia Medal - Game 4 The Rolling Stones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10,000 dollar patent means we would probably need to sell the game to an actual company, maybe talk to Mr. Winsick (spelling?), I know he tried to get math basketball published. Or other wise, online game, it wouldn't make too much money, but could look really good for college/job resume if it becomes popular. GL on this one alex, seems pretty complicated.
Meh is offline View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alex's Forum Forum Index -> OPHS Chess Club All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: